Main Links

Monday, August 4

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Standout Review

When I opened this lipstick, I was immediately struck by how similar to a large chubby crayon it looked. But when I put it to my lips, it made a very defined red line. 250 Standout was much brighter than I'd ever thought it could be. The pigmentation of this lipstick made me nervous. Would it be hard to put wear? What if I drew outside of the lines? Despite my fears, I continued applying the gorgeous cool toned red color. Its matte finish doesn't accentuate dry lips as much as I thought it would. 


Overall, I have a pretty positive reaction to the product. However, I do have two major complaints. The first is that this lipstick transfers. Don't plan on having this lipstick stay on if you're going to be kissing someone (even a light peck on the cheek) or eating. If you don't accidentally transfer though, the lipstick lasts a few hours and leaves a nice stain effect. My second issue is more personal. I think, having an olive undertone and warm skin, this exact shade of red was not right for me. However, I am a pretty big fan of the application, which is very creamy. I also like the feeling of it on my lips which is quite moisturizing.  

The search for a perfect red continues!

17 comments:

  1. I love Revlon's lip crayons! They're so easy to apply and stay on for hours for me. However, I have to agree with you that their reds do not work. I got Romantic and it was way too orange for my complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if this helps, but I found my perfect red from Chanel in Gabrielle.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that the finish doesn't accentuate dry lips. That's the only thing I worry about when using matte lippies. Good luck with your perfect red hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been meaning to try matte lipstick. good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect red is very elusive. Gotta try a lot on. I'm proud of you for wearing a bold color though because I'm afraid of color, especially on the lops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love the texture of this product!! :D although i haven't found a good shade from what revlon is offering.

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it ^^ XoxPK

    https://www.facebook.com/PLWhatGoesAroundComesAround/

    http://pickylachesis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you're wearing red lipstick now!! For the transferring, you could also try using a sealer. The one by Lip Chic is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try NYX Cosmetics Matte lipstick. It's afforable and has lasting power. My cheap secret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about that lipstick, looks really nice and a great shade. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having a lipstick-free moment.. just using a lip balm with high SPF for now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no better way to put it than Stand OUt :)

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you try the original versions of these? or are you looking specifically for matte? love these lip crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty red colour !

    Maybe Sleek has the perfect red for you ? Their lipsticks are so long lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that it's both matte and moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!