Main Links

Thursday, June 26

Seattle Vacation Recap Day 3 & 4

For parts one and two of my recap, please click on the links! On the third day, we went to Seatown Seabar for breakfast. I thought it was the prettiest place... located right across from the Sound and very close to Pike Place Market. I had heard about this place from Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations video... so like that video recommended, I ordered the dungeness crab breakfast sandwich. It was very good, though I thought it could have used more crab. 



My companion was boring and ordered eggs with bacon, toast and hash browns. 


After breakfast, we took a detour to suburban Seattle to find where my boyfriend had lived years ago. From there, we went on a nature trip to Summit Lake. After driving what seemed like FOREVER, I realized that we had to travel on a little dirt road for many miles before we could actually start hiking. I didn't want to do that so we took some pictures at the foot of the mountain and some other ones up another nearby mountain (no idea the name). Seattle is crazy, stupid beautiful. 



Afterwards, we drove back and watched the sunset by the Sound.

For dinner, we went to a local brewery so our resident beer enthusiast could be satisfied. Beer was had. My traveling companion got a lamb burger and I got an appetizer with mussels and clams. I seriously cannot get enough of that rich buttery sauce. On the other hand, my partner does want to make it known that he was not a fan of his "tzatziki burger" as the sauce was too strong. 






After dinner, we went to the Dahlia Lounge. I rarely go to bars and even more rarely do I drink at them, but on vacation, I loved the classy atmosphere of the Dahlia Lounge. No pictures from there... because reasons. 

The next morning, we had a few free hours before the flight, so I took a quick trip to the Space Needle. I got my obligatory Space Needle picture, went on a search for the Pie Shop, ordered delicious Chicken Pot and Shepard's Pie as well as Strawberry Rhubarb dessert. We ate lunch while watching the waves on the Sound and went back to the hotel to pack.






And so concludes our trip to Seattle. Until next time!

21 comments:

  1. I'm going to Seattle for work and only have a few hours here and there to do fun stuff. What is the MUST DO things?????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Seattle looks like a great city! Enjoy your time there as much as possible! ^^
    You look so pretty in these photos hun!
    ❤ ✿ NEW SWEET POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmy the food looks wonderful - Seattle's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful the scenery! And those mussels and those pies look great! Looks like a great vacation! I need another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm hungry! :)

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, everything looks so good. I want to try that sandwich and the pies. These pictures are making me hungry, that and it's lunch time and my co-worker is heating up her meal.
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. i definitely want to go back to seattle. the last and only time i was there we didn't really get to do a lot of things. the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is really beautiful! That backdrop was absolutely gorgeous. I love Anthony Bourdain. That was cool for you to try that restaurant. The food looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the food looks amazing and i've ALWAYS wanted to visit seattle

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the food looks so delicious! I've always wanted to visit seattle, looks like you had a great time!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good place good food that is what we are always looking for ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, you take great food pictures. Only 8 am and I'm starving. Seattle is gorgeous and so beautiful, I agree! Good to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh very beautifulpics, the food looks delicious!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum!
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!
    http://bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com/2014/07/les-jupons-de-tess-summer-2014-giveaway.html
    xx.M

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks delicious -- looks like fun!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seem to have an enjoyable vacation at the west coast. It's close to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That food looks amazing! My friend just moved to Seattle. I'll have to tell her to check those places out!

    www.awanderingwallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Seattle! I wish I'd tried the restaurant Anthony Bourdain recommended when I was there; it sounds amazing. Until next time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yum...loving all the food pictures here!! thanks for sharing with us!!

    [oomph.]
    $300 J.Crew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to visit Seattle next! And I must visit The Pie Shop! In fact, I just had a fortune cookie that said "traveling to the west will bring you unexpected happiness"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow all the food :D
    I'm craving some mussels right now :S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!